Pancakes without guilt? Indulge in these scrumptious pancakes and rest-assured that you’re not going to have the yucky, full, feeling that many of us experience from white flour.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil , plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, oat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another medium bowl, add the rice milk, maple syrup, coconut or olive oil and pure vanilla extract; mix until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until speckles of flour disappear.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt a little under a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil in the pan and when hot, using a 1/4 cup measure to scoop out mounds of batter onto the skillet. Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat until you’ve worked your way through the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Don't Miss Out. Get Notifications and Stay Up to DateSubscribe
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner