Who needs a bun when lettuce can work just as well and offer health benefits? These bun-less burgers are great for high-protein, low-carb eaters. Add your favorite burger toppings and enjoy!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or Sea Veg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 leaves of lettuce, serving
- 1 tomato sliced, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground turkey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, cilantro, parsley, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and sea salt or Sea Veg. Scoop 2 heaping tablespoons at a time to form into 4 individual patties.
- In a medium sauté pan set over medium-high heat, pour in the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the turkey burger patties and cook on each side for 3to 4 minutes, until firm to touch. Of course you can still serve these between buns, but my favorite route is to serve each on a leaf of lettuce with a slice of tomato.
Don't Miss Out. Get Notifications and Stay Up to DateSubscribe
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner