There’s nothing more refreshing than the juicy bite of a sun-kissed tomato picked off the vine. Enjoy the bounty of summer tomatoes in this simple and delicious sandwich that everyone will love.
- 2 half-inch slices of seeded multi-grain bread or boule
- Vegan Mayo
- Purple Cabbage
- 1 Heirloom Tomato
- 1 Red Onion
- Black Pepper
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Garlic clove
- Olive Oil
Method of Preparation
- Drizzle sliced bread with olive oil and toast on each side until brown, rub garlic clove on each slice.
- On medium heat, sauté purple cabbage in olive oil and salt, once reduced remove from heat and get aside.
- Smear mayo, then assemble tomato, onion, cabbage, and purslane.
- Sprinkle Black pepper and Maldon salt to taste. Enjoy!
Photo Credit: Pinterest