Spicy. Sweet. Classic. Crispy. Yummy. Are all words that I use to describe the delicious cookie that is a ginger snap. A fall-winter favorite, I have the best memories as a kid of dunking my ginger snaps into a cold glass of milk. Fast forward to now making them at home accompanied with a cold glass of plant based milk, I’m sharing this recipe here with you to enjoy!
- 1 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup unsalted butter
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp Grated Lemon Zest
- 3 3/4 Gluten Free All Purpose Flour 2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tsp Ground Cinnamon 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder 1/2 tsp All Spice
Method Of Preparation
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar and softened butter together until smooth.
- Add the egg, fresh ginger and lemon zest.
- In a bowl, whisk dry ingredients of flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, and all spice.
- Combine with wet ingredients until smooth.
- Form into dough and refrigerate for a minimum of four hours.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a non-stick surface, roll out dough thinly.
- Using a cookie cutter, make your desired shapes for baking.
- Place the uncooked dough on a well oiled or non-stick cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Place cookies on a wire rack for cooling. Enjoy!