The all-time American favorite just got better, healthier, more modern, and tolerable for people who live with dietary restrictions. I make this every holiday and no one can believe that there’s no milk, butter, eggs, or sugar in the mixture. It cannot get easier than this. And the taste? Forget about! It’s delicious, and right on time for Thanksgiving!
This video was recorded prior to our current global shift.
- 1 1/2 pounds apples, cored and cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of allspice
- 2 store-bought non-dairy pie crusts, in their tins.
Method Of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium bowl, toss the apples with the maple syrup, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Pour the apple mixture into the first non-dairy pie crust tin. Place the second pie crust, upside down, on top and gently loosen it from its tin. Press the edges of the pie crust, securing the top and bottom crusts, and make small slits with a knife in the top part of the pie dough. Transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes. At the 30-minute mark, turn the heat down to 300 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.