Don’t knock it until you try it. Packed with protein and veggies, this recipe is not only healthy for you but something you can indulge in freely with all your favorite burger toppings.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced leek (from 1/2 leek)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked black beans or prepackaged black beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon umeboshi vinegar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free and dairy-free bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Sea Veg
Method Of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small sautè pan set over medium-low heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the leeks and garlic clove; cook until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the softened leeks and garlic to a large bowl, along with cooked black beans, minced cilantro, Italian parsley, apple cider vinegar, umeboshi vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, bread crumbs, and sea salt or Sea Veg. Using a fork, mash the black beans until they’re mostly broken up but some whole beans are still visible. Give the mixture a good stir, being sure all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Divide the black bean mixture into quarters and form them into 3/4-inch thick patties. Transfer the patties to the baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until warmed all the way through.
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner