In need of a quick and easy summer salad recipe to add to your family dinner or a light healthy snack for yourself, then this Lentil Summer Salad is the perfect “go-to”. It only takes 5 minutes to make and it’s absolutely delicious. Feel free to make it your own, no hard rules over here.
- 1 can of Organic Black Lentils
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 2 thin slices of red onion
- Jalapeno (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp Miyoko Vegan Parmesan Cheese (or any non-nut cheese of choice)
- 1 – 2 tbsp Vegan Pesto
- Salt + pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup of Organic Spinach
- 1 cup of Organic Arugula
- 1/2 cup of Cilantro Microgreens (you can use any microgreens you like)
- 1/2 Lemon juice
Method of Preparation:
- Drain lentils in a colander and rinse. Place lentils in a bowl, add all ingredients EXCEPT Spinach and Arugula. Stir and chill for about 30 mins.
- In a separate bowl, add spinach and arugula, thinly sliced red onion, 1/2 lemon juice and dressing of your choice. Toss well.
- Grab a pretty platter. Place lentils in the center of the platter/plate, then place salad mixture around the lentils and serve.
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner