Valentine’s Day is not only for lovers. It’s for love. Therefore, I am sharing here with you a delicious recipe from my book Shut Up and Cook! that I created without milk, egg and dairy. You do not have to be allergic to prefer a healthier version of something.
Make these for yourself, your kids, or for that person next to you in the morning (Not the dog). You can use a heart shape baking cutter to cut them into heart pancakes once cooked, spread some extra sweet love. Super cute and yummy to most tummy’s.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or olive oil , plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Method of Preparation:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, oat flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In another medium bowl, add the rice milk, maple syrup, coconut or olive oil, and pure vanilla extract; mix until combined. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until speckles of flour disappear.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt a little under a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil in the pan and when hot, using a 1/4 cup measure to scoop out mounds of batter onto the skillet. Cook on each side for 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat until you’ve worked your way through the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
For added scrumptiousness, top it off with a spoonful of non-dairy yogurt and fresh berries.
Enjoy with much love and gratitude,
Certified Holistic Health Coach
Certified in Gut Health
Auricular Therapy (Ear Seeds)
Author of The Thriving Child, Shut Up and Cook!