Kale is the wonder vegetable, You’ll find it as a staple at any corner juice stand. But if you really want to go big on nutrients and flavor, this recipe is for you. This smoothie is definitely smooth. It’s definitely green, too, and gives you all the nutrients of kale, all the beneficial fatty acids of avocado, and the hydrating power of coconut water. It’s perfect for breakfast. It’s perfect as a replenishment after a workout. It’s perfect as a snack for anyone. Drink this smoothie when you’re hungry, and I guarantee you will feel alive inside.
Electrolytes and good fats make this smoothie recipe a hit in so many ways. Fuel your body with greens that fight disease and boost your immune system. You’ll actually feel the nutrients from this smoothie at work in your body.
- 1 1/4 cups coconut water, plus a splash or two
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 kale leaves, torn from stem
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup of ice cubes, optional
- In a blender, add coconut water, avocado, kale leaves, lemon juice, and ice cubes, if using. Pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds. If it’s too thick, add another splash or two of coconut water until it reaches your desired consistency. Pour into two glasses and add straws for easy drinking! Enjoy!
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner