I can relate to food allergies. I have grown up with them, my mother has as well, and guess what, so have my children. I love to challenge myself by creating recipes that are not only nutritional and healthy, but that provide options for those with food- allergies. While I know soy can is an allergen for some, here is an option if you can have soy, but not egg.
This is something I figured out one day in the Hamptons trying to determine a way I can eat this combination minus the egg. I must admit, I was so proud. It’s so delicious and flavorful.
I hope you’ll enjoy, be grateful and eat mindfully.
Tell me what you think below, I love hearing from you.
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt or Sea Veg
- 1/4 cup soy cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon rice milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 large eggs or 3 ounces tofu, sliced into 4 equal squares
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 batch of guacamole
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced, for garnish
Method Of Preparation:
- To make pico de gallo, combine tomato, onion, lime juice, and a pinch of sea salt or Sea Veg. Give it a taste and adjust salt to your liking.
- To make the dairy-free sour cream, add the soy cream cheese and rice milk to a small bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Set a small sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil or coconut oil. When the oil is hot, fry the eggs, one at a time, until cooked to your liking. If using tofu, add the tofu slices and cook until lightly browned, flipping halfway through, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- To assemble, divide the black beans between plates. Top each plate with a fried egg or a square of tofu, a dollop of dairy-free sour cream, a spoonful of pico de gallo, and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro.
With much love and gratitude,
Certified Holistic Health Coach
Certified in Gut Health
Author of The Thriving Child, Shut Up and Cook!