Are you one with dietary restrictions, food allergies, or food sensitivities, or have you made a health change in how you prefer to eat, choosing more vegan or plant-based food items?
Please find here a great, simple recipe to help satisfy that sweet tooth more healthily this holiday season that is vegan and less processed than buying something loaded with the other stuff! Enjoy. It’s a nécessité
Chocolate Sweet Potato Mousse
- 14 oz (400 g) sweet potatoes (2 medium-sized sweet potatoes)
- Two tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Three tablespoons maple syrup (or any other sweetener)
- One teaspoon of coconut oil
Don't Miss Out. Get Notifications and Stay Up to DateSubscribe
Method Of Preparation:
1. Cook the sweet potatoes by boiling, steaming, or roasting them until very soft and tender.
2. Discard any skins, and add them to a food processor or blender with all the other ingredients.
3. Whizz until completely smooth – you may have to mix it a few times.
4. Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary – add more maple syrup for more sweetness, more cocoa powder for more chocolate flavor, etc.
5. Transfer into individual pots or jars and place in the fridge for at least a few hours to cool down and f rm up.
6. Keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days.