Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are yummy. We love that you can enjoy treats without depriving yourself of sweets here at nécessité and also avoid encountering that yucky feeling that some sweets may cause. Oatmeal provides fiber along with raisins. This recipe has no refined sugar and is free of the top allergens. Did we mention you can enjoy these delicious cookies vegan and gluten-free too? So enjoy and sip a cup of your favorite tea with them! It is a nécessité.
Makes 12 cookies
- 1/8 cup (30 g) coconut oil (or olive or canola oil)
- Six tablespoons maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- One teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (30 g) coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cup (150 g) rolled oats (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
- 2/3 cup (100 g) raisins (or replace with any other dried fruit or allergy-friendly chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) plant-based milk (any milk is okay, according to your allergies)
Don't Miss Out. Get Notifications and Stay Up to DateSubscribe
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a pot of boiling water on the stove or in the microwave (skip this step if using any other oil).
- Once melted, add all the other ingredients to the same bowl.
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry.
- Leave the mixture to rest for 10 minutes, as leaving the oats to soak for a bit will make the cookie dough much easier to bind together.
- Take a heaped tablespoon of the mixture and use your hands to form it into a little patty.
- Lay it out onto a baking tray lined with greased baking paper.