Healthy food is not what some of us once knew it to be. As many of us worldwide are considering introducing vegan and plant-based simple recipes into our diets, we wanted to help provide options whether you are looking for side dishes or a main entree. Enjoy!
Soba Buckwheat Noodle Salad
- 8oz soba (buckwheat) noodles (ensure gluten-free if necessary)
For the dressing:
- One tablespoon of sesame oil
- One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- Three tablespoons of coconut aminos
- One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- One teaspoon agave syrup (or sub any other sweetener)
- Black pepper to taste
- Bell pepper, sliced
- Radishes, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Purple cabbage, finely sliced
- Avocado, cubed
- Spring onions, sliced
Method of Preparation:
1. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. Place the cooked noodles in a large bowl with desired salad ingredients, pour over the dressing, and mix well.