I get so excited about this salad each time I make it that my enthusiasm surprises me! You’ll understand why after you’ve tried it. The citrus juice from the orange, along with the maple dressing and the fennel, plus the extra added texture and flavor from the dried cranberries, makes this salad shockingly refreshing and ever so satisfying.
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, cut in segments
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt or Sea Veg
Method of Preparation
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and sea salt or Sea Veg.
- Clean the fennel and pat dry.
- Layer the thin slices of fennel on a serving plate, top with orange segments and cranberries, and drizzle with dressing.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner