This is one of my favorite recipes. I simply cannot get enough of it because it’s so refreshing. This fruit bowl is loaded with many nutrients such as antioxidants. The natural sweetness from the fruit make it a great dessert or even ideal to consume as a morning bite, early-day nibble, or the perfect addition to your Fourth of July festivities.
Serves 8 to 12
- 1 (6-pound seedless watermelon)
- 1 cup (from 1/4 pineapple) chopped pineapple
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 plum, seed removed and sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Handful of mint leaves, for garnish
Method of Preparation:
- Start by cutting a thin slice from the bottom of the watermelon with a sharp knife so it can sit flat, making sure not to cut a hole in the bottom. Cut off the top 1/4 from the watermelon. Using a melon baller, scoop balls of watermelon. Reserve the watermelon for serving.
- In a bowl, toss together the watermelon balls, pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, kiwi, plum, and lime juice. Add as much of this fruit salad to the watermelon boat as will fit (you’ll have some extra) and top with a few mint leaves to garnish. Place the extra fruit salad in the refrigerator and serve the watermelon boat immediately. Refill as needed. Enjoy!
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner