To honor and recognize the annual cultural holiday of the Mexican army’s win over the French forces in 1862, we would like to share a scrumptious dish to add to this festive occasion for you to indulge in at home. It’s the perfect meal to eat at any time of the day or year.
I love the hearty black beans, the pico de gallo, and of course the avocado. This recipe can be created as a vegan dish, as well as for those who prefer huevos (eggs). There are no rules, other than making it good and enjoying it.
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, finely minced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt or Sea Veg
- 1/4 cup soy cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon rice milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 large eggs or 3 ounces tofu, sliced into 4 equal squares
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 batch of guacamole
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, minced, for garnish
Method Of Preparation:
- To make pico de gallo, combine tomato, onion, lime juice, and a pinch of sea salt or Sea Veg. Give it a taste and adjust salt to your liking.
- To make the dairy-free sour cream, add the soy cream cheese and rice milk to a small bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Set a small sauté pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil or coconut oil. When the oil is hot, fry the eggs, one at a time, until cooked to your liking. If using tofu, add the tofu slices and cook until lightly browned, flipping halfway through, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- To assemble, divide the black beans between plates. Top each plate with a fried egg or a square of tofu, a dollop of dairy-free sour cream, a spoonful of pico de gallo, and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro.
Enjoy with much love, great health, and many blessings,