There’s nothing more rewarding on a hot summer day than a scoop of your favorite flavor of ice cream. The sad thing, however, is that it’s often sprinkled with guilt and can give people with diary sensitivity a bad experience. This dairy-free and delicious recipe is tolerable to even the most finicky stomach, and it can be enjoyed by everyone without the guilt. Serve it up!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 1 cup full-flat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ice cream maker
Method Of Preparation:
- In a blender, add the strawberries, coconut milk, maple syrup, and pure vanilla extract, and pulse until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer the blender jar with the mixture (alternatively you could transfer it to a glass bowl and cover it) to the fridge and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into the ice cream maker bowl and churn according to your ice cream maker’s instructions. Serve immediately for soft serve, or you can transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours. Store in the freezer for up to 2 to 3 weeks.
Photographer Credit: Nicole Garner