Chocolate. Yummmmm! Who loves real chocolate? Sometimes it is not always about having to purchase something to satisfy that sweet tooth. Sometimes, that sweetness can be in your kitchen with those ingredients waiting to be brought together to create that delicious treat to be enjoyed with yourself or for a special loved one.
With this chocolate bar, skip the nuts and all the processed stuff and enjoy without remorse! If you have a candy bar mold, great; if not, do not fret; we have you covered using a loaf pan. Have fun, make this recipe yours, and add your twist. Some helpful tips may be peppermint or orange extract: Cacao Nibs, Goji Berries, dried cranberries, raisins, or even freeze-dried strawberries or raspberries.
You do boo, and make it your special treat. Be sure to give thanks and enjoy it. It is great to make this weekend with yourself, your family, or that special loved one as an extra way of saying, “I sweet you.”
Homemade Vegan Valentine Chocolate Bars
Makes 6 bars
- 3 1/4 oz (90 g) cacao butter
- 1/8 cup (15 g) cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Five tablespoons maple syrup (or any other sweetener)
- Two tablespoons coconut butter (or substitute creamed coconut, tahini, sunflower seed butter, or chickpea butter)
- Pinch of salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Place all ingredients in a heat-proof glass bowl and place over a pan of boiling water on the stovetop.
- Heat gently, stirring regularly, until the cacao butter and coconut butter have melted completely and all ingredients have mixed smoothly.
- Be careful not to overheat, as this will cause the mixture to separate, so remove the bowl from the heat as soon as the cacao butter and coconut butter have melted.
- Transfer the mixture into a one-pound loaf pan lined with greaseproof baking paper.
- Place in the fridge overnight to allow it to firm up before slicing.
- Slice horizontally into bars – you should be able to slice into 6 bars.
- Keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.