There were once days that ice cream was made and enjoyed with the help of a cow. Not anymore. Fast forward to today, we have many alternative ways of enjoying ice cream without taking it from any other source of life. This is easy and yummy, and oh, did we mention no room or permission for any guilt?
If you are challenged with some skin or some digestion issues (of course, depending on what exactly) and are limited and restricted to certain foods that may make the condition worse, here is something sweet and satisfying that may help solve that left-out feeling (We do not want that feeling for you). If you can have fruit, try this delicious Vegan Banana Ice cream, give thanks, and enjoy!
Vegan Banana Ice Cream Recipe
- Two ripe bananas (it’s best to use ripe bananas for a sweeter and creamier ice cream)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste (or sub any other sweetener)
Method of Preparation:
- Peel the bananas and cut them into small pieces.
- Place in a freezer-friendly container and place in the freezer until completely frozen – best to do this overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas into a high-speed food processor, along with the maple syrup. If your food processor isn’t very powerful, it’s best to wait around 10 minutes for the bananas to soften slightly after removing them from the freezer before blending.
- Blend until it forms a thick ice cream-like texture – you will probably have to mix it around a few times to ensure it’s all evenly blended.
- Serve in a cone or cup! You can add different toppings of your choice, such as chocolate sauce, chopped fruit, etc.