Happy Spring. Happy Earth Day. Yes, it is that time again. How are you doing? Did you have a good holiday weekend? I did. We ended up going to Palm Springs for brunch. It was cute. I am thankful we were able to be together. It was Coachella (music festival), so we met our children to spend Easter with them (They all got one of those cute, decorated cookies I showed you last week).
So now here we are celebrating Earth Day. Earth day for me, I try to think of helping daily, not only one day a year, by not leaving on the lights (especially when natural sunlight is energizing a room), not leaving the water running excessively (I still require a bit of improvement here).
I try hard not to stay on email/phone a lot because I think of all that energy thrown to Mother Earth as a result. I feel sad for her having all that energy released from the world out to her in her world daily. The world as a whole is truly throwing tech energy her way 24/7. Imagine. This is partly as to why on nécessité we offer only final sales. It is part of our contribution to help keep the carbon footprint from us as a bare minimum that we can. We are not perfect, but we do make an effort to do so.
Remember, making one effort of support is better than not doing any. So pick one, challenge yourself. You can do it; I know you can. One thing for sure I am going to try to work on is not leaving the water running excessively when washing my fruits and veggies. (I’ll walk away from the running water and go to the refrig. I am working on not wasting that water in between).
Don't Miss Out. Get Notifications and Stay Up to DateSubscribe
Here are some ways together we can help Mother Earth with some extra love and support today and every day.
- Keep lights off when not in use.
- Use water only when needed and when using it, Take a brief shower rather than a bath (more water is used to fill the bathtub)
- Plant a tree or pot a plant.
- Grow a garden.
- Eat or prepare meatless meals.
- Shop from your local suppliers (Farmers Market, for example)
- Walk, scoot, skateboard, or bike rather than drive.
- Keep your trash away from Mother Earth, do not litter.
- Use less electricity (yes, this means a break from flat irons, blow dryers)
- Eat a room temperature meal, if possible, to avoid having to use energy to heat food (salads are great options or quinoa bowls, here is one I created in Shut Up and Cook!) to help you that does not require much heat to be used nor for long periods. I hope this helps a bit. We have a responsibility, and we can do it. Together too.
After all, it is for Mother Earth and for you too. Enjoy your earth. Help keep her clean and healthy. Happy Earth Day.
Much love and gratitude, Erica Reid
Certified Holistic Health Coach
Certified in Gut Health
Certified in Plant-Based Nutrition Certification T.Colin Campbell for Nutrition Studies
Author of The Thriving Child, Shut Up and Cook!